Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Originally Posted 06/03/2009

I still haven't decided the best method of fabrication for the body shell of Bob; vac-form or fiberglass.

Both have positive and negative aspects to them. Fiberglass is something I am fairly familiar with after working with it on a recently completed project, but I am allergic to the glass fibers and the smell inside the suit would likely be too much for me. Vac-forming, on the other hand, would be lighter weight overall and would not smell, but would require me to build a 4' x 4' sheet capacity vac-form machine. Which is a fairly complicated and expensive thing to build up-front. The masters/plugs/bucks (whatever you want to call them) would have to be constructed differently for each method, so I can't start building anything until I decide. Grrrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment